Table of Contents
OpenAFS server tutorial for Debian GNU/Linux
OBS: This page is about setting up an OpenAFS server: Unless this is what you explicitly want, you are probably looking for the page about configuring an OpenAFS Client.
So you want to set up an AFS cell? The following is a guide about how to set up a basic cell on servers running Debian GNU/Linux. The purpose is just to get you up and running with a working setup. You should still read up on Kerbeors and http://www.openafs.org (see the suggested reading page.).
OpenAFS server tutorial
The guide is split up into the following parts (start from the first one and work your self through):
- Prerequisites What you should have prepared and an overview of server names etc. used in this guide.
- Basic server setup Configuration of your hosts before installing Kerberos and OpenAFS software.
- admin-pc setup Set up your client (admin-pc).
- Setting up Kerberos Installation and configuration of the MIT Kerberos server.
- Setting up OpenAFS Installation and configuration of OpenAFS.
Backup of OpenAFS
- Backup of OpenAFS and Kerberos How to backup your OpenAFS cell.